Wood doors have very little limitations when it comes to design options. Our catalogs are a great resource for our in-stock items, however sometimes a different look is desired. Whether it is a modiﬁed stock item or a completely custom design, Reeb’s Custom Design Team can help to create your ideal entryway. Not only will they help with your order, they ask questions along the way to help ensure your door will last.
Designing a custom door starts with the customer. A drawing or sketch is the best way to start the process. After submitting a sketch, our Custom Team will begin to help guide you through the quoting and buying process by asking about the following options:
- Door Species: Beyond ﬁr and mahogany, there is an entire array of wood species options available; among them are hemlock, cherry, maple, walnut, poplar, birch, red oak or white oak. Whether your tastes are classic or exotic, there is a wood species for you.
- Glass Type: There are also many glass options available from clear glass allowing in the most abundant natural light to textured glass that is more opaque for a higher privacy level.
- Door Width: Typical exterior doors range from 2’6” to 3’6” in width but Reeb has access to create doors up to 6’0” wide.
- Door Height: Typical exterior doors range from 6’6” to 8’0” in height but Reeb has access to create doors up to 12’0” tall.
- Door Thickness: 1-3/4” and 2-1/4” options are available in most species.
Once all the design decisions are picked, an initial CAD drawing is created based on the customer’s sketch. Not only does this help the customer visualise the ﬁnal product, but also helps to ensure the end product is what the customer desires. The drawings are supplied to the customer for their review. Based on their needs, and the appearance of the door, the customer will then choose the layout and approve the purchase. The door is then ordered, and delivered to the customer.