Therma-Tru’s Fiber-Classic and Smooth-Star Collection Doors are a Standard Fiberglass Door. Their construction has five key factors which lead to six sides of protection.
- Weather Resistance – Composite rails protect the door at the top and bottom edges to help block moisture that can wick into doors.
- Security – enhanced lock block combined with a 1-1⁄4″ engineered lumber lock stile increases rigidity and stability.
- Durability – With very little maintenance, a fiberglass door can bring a home years of durability. Unlike wood, fiberglass will not warp or rot. And, unlike steel, it will not dent or rust.
- R-Values – Built with a polyurethane foam core that offers up to four times the insulating R-Value of wood*, Therma-Tru fiberglass doors insulate against cold and heat for exceptional energy efficiency.
- Six Sides of Protection – Therma-Tru’s Tru-Guard composite edge for Fiber-Classic and Smooth-Star doors helps to eliminate water absorption and enhances resistance to warp, rot, mold, and wood-ingesting insects.
Fiber-Classic doors are made of different parts and pieces which surround a polyurethane foam. This includes top and bottom rails, a hinge and lock stile, and the door skins. The Fiber-Classic lock block is 22-1/2”.
Smooth-Star doors are made of different parts and pieces which surround a polyurethane foam. This includes top and bottom rails, a hinge and lock stile, and the door skins. The Smooth-Star lock block is 12-1/2”.
An impact door will also include an impact plate made of steel to provide additional protection and security.
A flush-glazed door will have the glass added into the door while manufacture.